Thame Walking Tours
Midsomer guided walking tours of Thame are conducted
- Each Wednesday between April and October, beginning at 2pm, from outside Thame’s Town Hall, right in the centre of the town.
- The tour is given by one of the seven volunteer guides, all knowledgeable about the locations and the episodes in which they were used.
- The tour is filled with information about the show, it’s beginnings in 1997, the many actors who have appeared, the bizarre methods of murder that have been used and many anecdotes of incidents in some of the episodes.
- The tour visits more than twenty filming locations and takes around 75 minutes to complete.
- The guides also talk about some of the fascinating history of Thame itself, from the discovery of Neanderthal remains several thousand years old, the Saxon early history, the 800 year old market still going strong, the part the town played in the English Civil War in the seventeenth century and much more.
- Tickets for the tour cost £10 and can be purchased online or in person from Thame Museum at 79 High Street, itself one of the filming locations and where the tour ends.
- Two thirds of the income from the tours is donated to local charities at the end of each season.
- Can’t make one of our regular tours? No problem. Check out our Bespoke tours. Click here